Friday, February 22, 2008

No Secrets


I'm trying to enter into a relationship with God, and as is true with any relationship, I must bring a vulnerable openness to it. I cannot partition off from him certain frustrations or disappointments, my happy plans for the evening or my schedule for the workweek ahead. My ideas and thoughts, hopes, ambitions, feelings and dreams. To begin a relationship and allow it to deepen, each of these aspects of my life must not be hiden, but be ready to be presented to God.
This open sense of sharing is another way of saying that I truly trust God. I'm not afraid to rely upon him. I do so willingly, with no hidden secrets. With such trust, I till the soil of my soul for devotion.
I give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his Love endures forever.

No comments: