Monday, July 23, 2007

RECALL

I think that "Welcome" is one of the most Christlike words we can speak to each other. And yet, how rarely this happens. This word is shriveling because of disuse. How rarely do people stop in their busyness to greet one another, to chat on the block, to have a cup of coffee and talk about their day. How infrequently we inquire as to strangers' names, ask questions that indicate interest in their lives and families. How wonderfully rare it is when someone whispers, "I haven't seen you for so long, I miss you." We must learn to give to one another the words of welcome.

2 comments:

Bev said...

I was happy to chat over coffee with you! Keep up the great work!=)

Tess said...

Thank you so much Bev. and it's really a blessing to have you. I hope, that will not be the first time that we could go out for a coffee. Can we go out on this coming Friday night?